On Saturday 18th January, thousands of people in more than 30 countries worldwide are mobilising to demand a fairer, more equal and sustainable future.
As the global 1% meets at the World Economic Forum on the exclusive Swiss mountain resort of Davos, the Alliance will be coming together to make noise and call on the Government to listen to its citizens, not the wealthy elite. Will you join the global demonstration?
Speaking to power: London
The Alliance is calling for:
- good quality education, accessible housing, decent jobs and healthcare for all
- an end to poverty wages, cuts in public spending and the decimation of social rights
- an end to hunger and homelessness in the world’s sixth-largest economy
- fair and progressive taxation and an end to tax breaks for the wealthy
- a wellbeing economy that serves people and planet, instead of profiting from environmental destruction.
Bring along your bells and whistles or pots, pans and musical instruments. Make some noise. The alternatives are with us, not with the economic and political elites.
Join us. Be heard. Share the event on Facebook.
To find out how you can get involved in the London action or to organise a regional mobilisation in your local area, email the Fight Inequality Alliance.